Blog / 2018 / Dear Diary #7: Make Them Love You or Hate You
May 22, 2018
As a way of celebrating my 15th birthday as an artist, I am sharing from my personal journals from when I was first starting out as an artist.
As hard as it is to have people hate you, I believe it’s part of being an artist—and especially an artist who promotes their work regularly or has any success. The act of making art is confronting to many people, and sometimes it can turn them ugly, but it’s the ones who have the opposite reaction who matter!
There are seven diary entries in all:
- Dear Diary #1: Thoughts of a Baby Artist
- Dear Diary #2: Comparing Yourself to Another Artist
- Dear Diary #3: Perfectionism and Self-confidence
- Dear Diary #4: When Your Friend Likes Bad Art
- Dear Diary #5: Feedback for My First Show
- Dear Diary #6: My First Business Lesson
Maybe this post made you think of something you want to share with me? Or perhaps you have a question about my art? I’d love to hear from you!
To receive an email every time I publish a new article or video, sign up for my special mailing list.
If you enjoyed this post, Ko-fi allows you to donate. Every dollar you give is worth a bajillion to me!