Blog / 2018 / Dear Diary #5: Feedback for My First Show
May 20, 2018
As a way of celebrating my 15th birthday as an artist, I am sharing from my personal journals from when I was first starting out as an artist.
This old video about how to keep the faith as an artist is still one of my favorites I’ve ever made. For more about Critics Critiqued, go here. (Please remember that, like all the initials I use, “D” is arbitrary, meant to keep the subject anonymous as with all the people I’ll be talking about.)
There are seven diary entries in all:
- Dear Diary #1: Thoughts of a Baby Artist
- Dear Diary #2: Comparing Yourself to Another Artist
- Dear Diary #3: Perfectionism and Self-confidence
- Dear Diary #4: When Your Friend Likes Bad Art
- Dear Diary #6: My First Business Lesson
- Dear Diary #7: Make Them Love You or Hate You
Maybe this post made you think of something you want to share with me? Or perhaps you have a question about my art? I’d love to hear from you!
To receive an email every time I publish a new article or video, sign up for my special mailing list.
If you enjoyed this post, Ko-fi allows you to donate. Every dollar you give is worth a bajillion to me!