Artwork / Apple Pie / Chú Xam (Vietnamese-American, Nam)
Hands aren’t easy to paint. In fact, I might say they’re more difficult than faces! Adult hands like the one in this double portrait provide a certain kind of challenge, and toddler hands like the ones in my half of this diptych are on a whole other level.
Below is the subject’s answer to this question: what does it mean to be an American?
To be an American is to...
- Be Patriotic and to love your country with all your heart.
- Love your family and friends and your neighbors, and dont forget to love yourself!
- Love and care for each other regardless of ethnicity, religion, gender, etc...
- To love and to be loved! Thats what it means to be an American.
- Last but not least, don’t forget to love April 15th!